Random Acts of Absolute Kindness

I just wanted to add a special post to convey what Gunther and I thought was so supremely genuine and thoughtful -- from a complete and total stranger. We were sitting in the Palomino Restaurant in the International Departures lounge in Vancouver airport having my usual pre-flight glass of wine. Our server, Perdeep, was asking about our travels and we explained to him that we were heading to Sofia to pick up our new 5 year old adopted girls. We discussed the process briefly and he said to us that we were making the world a better place and was very acknowleding and kind to us as we said our goodbyes.

As I was leaving the restaurant, I heard my name called and it was Perdeep with what was presumably his tips for the day. He pulled out a 50 dollar bill and asked Gunther and I to please purchase something for the orphanage with this money -- that it was the least he could do to help make the lives of these children just a little better. Wow...what a nice man.

We are fortunate, with all of the support that G and I have received over the past three years in this crazy process. How kind of a total stranger to add to that -- with such a thoughtful (and generous) gesture. The world is made up of special people -- all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment